JDCAC Pumpkin Competition // October 1st – 30th, 2020, Virtual Submissions
It’s time to call in the creative forces of various ghoulish minds out there to compete in the JDCAC Pumpkin Competition hosted by the Jan Dempsey Community Arts Center (JDCAC) and Auburn Arts Association (AAA). We’re looking for everything from the spooky to the spoofy, scary or hairy, funny or ghastly! Carvings or paintings can be sculptural, architectural, painterly and very expressive so get CREATIVE! Individual artists, children, families and local businesses are invited to participate in this competition.
Inspired by this past summer event The Sidewalk Chalk Challenge, the Jan Dempsey Community Arts Center challenges the Auburn Community to see who can create a masterpiece out of a fall favorite, the pumpkin. We encourage local community members and businesses to create pumpkin masterpieces by carving, painting and thinking outside of the box.
No Entry fee is required and registration is encouraged. Virtual submissions must be sent via email by Tuesday, October 27 Please visit the JDCAC Pumpkin Competition page HERE for more information.
Holiday Art Sale // Saturday, November 14, 2020, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Kiesel Park
The Auburn Arts Association, Auburn Parks & Recreation and the Jan Dempsey Community Arts Center will host their 14th annual Holiday Art Sale on Saturday, Nov. 14 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. This year’s socially distanced sale will be held at Kiesel Park. Local artists will be selling paintings, pottery, stained glass, photography, cards, jewelry, hats, scarves and much more! If you would like to sell your work, applications will be available on the Auburn Arts Association website homepage beginning Monday, Oct. 5. A limited number of exhibition spaces are available, so be sure to download your application HERE and submit with a $50 booth fee by Friday, Oct. 30! For more information, please contact Emillie Dombrowski, Art Education Specialist, at (334) 501-2944.
*COVID-19 note: All Holiday Art Sale visitors must maintain a minimum of 6 feet between one another. All exhibiting artists will follow the state sanitation guidelines regarding outdoor markets:
• Artist booths will maintain a 10-foot distance from one another.
• All artist vendors will wear gloves and/or sanitize as they handle payments. They will also be required to sanitize booth areas as needed.
• Food samples will not be served by culinary artists.
• Face masks are required.
• In order to allow the maximum number of community members to visit the Holiday Art Sale, loitering and social gatherings will not be permitted. We ask that you please purchase your products and promptly exit the parking lot for others to easily access parking spots.
• Animals will not be allowed to attend the market. High-risk community members and those feeling ill should not attend. We look forward to hosting our annual Holiday Art Sale while enforcing social distancing and sanitation guidelines. FREE to the public!
For more information about the Jan Dempsey Community Arts Center or any upcoming exhibits and events, you can follow the Auburn Arts Association on Facebook as well as visit www.auburnalabama.org/arts.
Visit the Membership section today to find out how you can become part of the Auburn Arts Association and stay up-to-date on all arts events!